Collection of Information
You can browse our company website without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. Once you register as a BloodHub system user on our website and give us your personal information, you are not anonymous to us and you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers located in the United States.
We may collect and store the following personal information:
- Name, email address, phone number, location and organization information, and preferences;
- transactional information based on your activities on our site (such as orders, inventory transactions, searches, application uses, correspondence sent through our site or to us, and other content that you generate or that relates to your account);
- information from your interaction with our site (such as computer and connection information, page views, keywords searched, IP address, and other statistics on site usage).
Use of Information
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. You agree that we may use your personal information solely to:
- provide the services and customer support you request;
- enable your supplier to provide services and support;
- resolve issues and troubleshoot problems;
- prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- customize, measure and improve our services and content;
- tell you about our services, service updates, and promotional offers.
Disclosure of Information
We may disclose personal information as necessary to respond to legitimate legal requirements, enforce our policies, or protect anyone's rights, property, or safety. Such information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. Except where prohibited by applicable law, prior to such disclosure we will provide you with reasonable notice sufficient for you to contest the necessity of such disclosure, as applicable.
We may also share your personal information with:
- Law enforcement or other governmental officials, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity. In such events, we will disclose only information relevant to the investigation, such as name, city, state, zip code, telephone number, email address, username history, IP address, fraud complaints, and transaction history, and, except where prohibited by applicable law, will provide you with reasonable notice sufficient for you to contest the necessity of such disclosure.
- Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service).
You will be responsible for ensuring that your use of our system and website complies with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).
In order to safeguard your account, do not disclose your password to anyone. If your password becomes compromised, please change your password immediately
Closing An Account
Upon your request, we will close your account. We do retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our contractual agreements and take other actions otherwise permitted by law.
Consistent with each user’s security profile, authorized users can access data from the BloodHub system and website via secured web services.
Your information is stored on our servers located in the United States. We use encryption, firewalls and physical security to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. However, we cannot guarantee that third parties will not unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and that other users will not abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the site. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private. This policy will not, however, provide a defense for us in the event we negligently, recklessly or intentionally compromise the privacy of your personal information in violation of applicable law.